Wednesday, February 9, 2011

It's Tea Time!


I have long been a fan of Tea Time. Even as a kid I remember often preparing tea for my Mom and Aunts on lazy afternoons.

I am not sure if it's old tradition, the high level etiquette and civility, the excuse to get dressed up or the plethora of tiny, tiny sandwiches that I love, but it's definitely a past time that still gets me quite excited.

Few would argue the highest form of high tea can only be had in London. Just thinking of English High Tea makes me want to get up and curtsy.

In fact a vivid image of Queen Elizabeth comes to mind. She is elegantly reposed in Buckingham Palace wearing her crown and long white gloves and sipping a fancy cup of Early Grey tea. Her Majesty's prized corgis have fallen fast asleep in front of the roaring fire after enjoying their feast of caviar (I have an active imagination in case you can't tell).

Anyway, Global Grasshopper has compiled a list of the Ten Best places to have afternoon tea in London.

Click here to check it out!

By Jayabird: Buckingham Palace

No comments:

Post a Comment